The best way to succeed in school is to plan with school organization tips. With the help of a FREE Digital Planner for students and productivity hacks, you will ace your courses this semester.
This page contains affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
10 School Organization Tips to Help Students Succeed
These 10 school organization tips are just a few tips that outline methods to help you manage your time and succeed in your school coursework.
- Schedules: create a schedule or use a planner to keep track of assignments, tests, and extra curricular activities. Include the date and time so that you can look ahead and see what’s coming up.
- To Do Lists: use to do lists to prioritize tasks and ensure nothing is forgotten. Include deadline dates as a reminder when items are due.
- Designated Study Space: keep a designated study space and establish a regular study routine. Make sure that your study space is quiet and away from loud noises.
- Organize Your Materials: stay organized by keeping all school materials, such as textbooks and notes, in a designated place.
- Flashcards: use flashcards or other study aids to help memorize information. If you don’t have flashcards, writing out your study notes and then reciting them back works just as well.
- Rest Breaks: take breaks and practice time management to avoid burnout. Go for a walk in between study periods and don’t forget to eat and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Use a Planner: keep a calendar to track important due dates and deadlines.
- Technology: use technology, such as apps or cloud-based tools, to stay organized and on track.
- Use Effective Note techniques: Learn and use effective note-taking techniques.
- Get Help: seek help from teachers or tutors if you are struggling to stay organized or understand the material. Get a study partner.
Learn how to import a planner template into GoodNotes and get a FREE Cute Cat Pastel planner.
The Impact of Poor Planning Techniques for Students
Not planning can have several negative impacts regardless of whether you are a student or employed full time. Implementing easy school organization tips will help you succeed.
Without proper planning, you can easily forget important deadlines or assignments, leading to last minute stress and poor performance.
Poor planning results in difficulty managing time. Without a schedule or plan, it can be hard to prioritize tasks and use time effectively, leading to procrastination and wasted time.
Your ability to stay organized will become difficult without a system for keeping track of materials and notes. It can be hard to find what you need when you need it, leading to unnecessary stress and frustration.
Without a plan, it can be hard to set specific, measurable, and achievable goals and track progress towards them.
Having plans in place specifically for a budget will prevent you from spending too much money, miss payments and end up in financial trouble.
Without planning, one may miss important events or appointments, which can lead to strain on personal and professional relationships.
Not planning can make it harder to succeed in school and in life, and can lead to increased stress, frustration, and poor performance.
What to Look for in a Student Planner
Student planners are perfect to keep you organized and key for positive time management outcomes.
Planners are available in paper notebook format and in digital form like GoodNotes, Notability or OneNote.
A planner should have several key items to help you stay organized, including:
- A monthly calendar to keep track of important dates and deadlines.
- A weekly schedule to organize your time and plan for classes, meetings, and appointments.
- A to-do list to prioritize tasks and keep track of what needs to be done.
- Space for notes and reminders to keep track of important information and ideas.
- A goal-setting or progress-tracking section to help you stay motivated and on track.
- A contact list or phone numbers of important people in case of emergency.
- A packing list, in case you are traveling or going away for a school trip
- A budgeting section to manage your finances and keep track of expenses related to school.
It is important to customize your planner to fit your needs and preferences, so you can use it effectively.
Get a FREE Digital Planner for GoodNotes, Student Edition
Digital planners are a great way for students to stay organized. Use this FREE digital planner for GoodNotes to stay organized and prioritize student tasks. Clickable links allow you to jump to the different months of the year or worksheets including goals, budget tracking, school schedule and more!
Download and installation instructions are included in the planner.
Conclusion: Use of a student planner, whether it be a digital planner or paper planner can be effective in helping students stay organized and succeed in completing their education.